Dashmote is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing companies in the F&B industry to understand the on-trade market and make smarter and data-driven decisions.
Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards.
As a Data Engineer in the Data Operations team you are responsible for automation of our ETL Pipelines as well as initiating automation of data quality management. You are our special forces elite engineer that works closely with our rockstar team consisting of Designers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts to deliver our data heavy product lines. You will be working on global projects (all from our Amsterdam or home office) for enterprise clients. The Data Engineer role is at the heart of our strategy where we aim to provide a fully automated data & analytics solution for clients to help them to win more business on a global scale.
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture,
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.Rapidly fix bugs, solve problems, and proactively strive to improve our products and technologies.
- Design, build and deliver high quality, modular solutions at a robust pace.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field; MSc or MBA preferred.
- Minimum of 2-5 years’ relevant data engineering experience.
- Experience with SQL, Python and the Amazon stack.
- Proven analytical skills and business understanding. You have a big affinity for data and numbers, and a curious mind to discover insights
- Full time or near full time availability
What’s in it for you
- Great office location right in the city centre of Amsterdam. We mostly work from home for now but you can have access to the office if you prefer it!
- Efficient virtual communication channels to work from home
- Working within an international team of over 65 people that truly values your contribution
- Growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
- An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
- Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of birthday treats, monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups, even though most of the fun is virtually for now!
If this sounds like a match, we would love to hear from you!
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NL Work Visa or NL Residency or NL Citizenship.