Data Engineer - Shanghai
Dashmote is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing companies in the F&B industry to understand the on-trade market and make smarter and data-driven decisions. Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.).
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification used in machine learning models
- Develop set processes for data mining, data modeling, and data production
- Collaborate closely with teammates to ensure consistency and maximize use of data
Next to jobs described above we offer the opportunity to develop your area of interests and we’ll assign work to support your personal development within that area.
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects.
- Proficiency with Python
- Experience with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experience building data pipelines using any of the following; Hadoop, Apache Spark, Apache Airflow, Docker and AWS services
- Experience working in software/ETL development environments and knowledge of Agile methodologies would be highly advantageous
- Solid understanding of version control tools (e.g. git).
- Proficient in English
- Entrepreneurial minded, hands-on and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
What’s in it for you
- Great office location right in the center of Shanghai
- Working within an international team of over 65 people that truly values your contribution
- Growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
- An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
- Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of snacks, drinks, birthday treats, and social events
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups and drinks
- If this sounds like a match, we would love to hear from you!
- Salary will depend on the candidate’s level of tech skills and experience.