EXPRESSION OF INTEREST - Data Engineers
Dashmote is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. With the goal of bridging the gap between images and data, we are working to bring AI-based solutions to marketers at Fortune 500 enterprise clients. We add value in areas such as Location Analysis, Trends Analysis, and Marketing Intelligence.
Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards derived from Visual Content Analysis.
We offer exciting opportunities for talented engineers to contribute to shaping the company massively. If you are interested in joining the Dashmote Engineering Talent Pipeline being considered for upcoming opportunities you can lodge an EOI by clicking on “Apply” or by applying via our career page here: https://jobs.dashmote.com/
As a Data Engineer at Dashmote, you will be responsible for building our data pipeline architecture and working closely with the Data Scientists who are currently taking care of this. We’re looking for experienced data pipeline builders and data wranglers who enjoy optimizing data systems and building them from the ground up, OR candidates who are keen on diving more into the field of data engineering as experienced software engineers working with Python.
The typical responsibilities include:
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS technologies.
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader.
- A degree in Computer Science, Informatics, or another quantitative field.
- Minimum 1 year of experience working with Python
- Experience working with SQL and NoSQL databases (Elasticsearch is a plus point) and other nice to haves:
- Technologies: Hadoop, Spark, Rabbitmq etc.
- API Deployment: Docker or Serverless
- AWS cloud services
- Preferably already some experience building and optimizing ‘big data’ data pipelines, architectures and data sets (both structured and unstructured data sets)
- Ability to build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Working knowledge of message queuing, stream processing, and highly scalable ‘big data’ data stores.
What's in it for you?
- Great office location right in the city centre of Amsterdam
- Working within an international team of over 65 people that truly values your contribution
- Rapidly growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
- An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
- Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of snacks, drinks, birthday treats, and social events
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups and drinks
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NL Work Visa or NL Residency or NL Citizenship.