Junior Data Engineer - Shanghai
Dashmote is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing companies in the F&B industry to understand the on-trade market and make smarter and data-driven decisions. Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards.
- Gather and process raw data at scale (including writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, writing SQL queries, etc.).
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Testing and validation in order to support the accuracy of data transformations and data verification used in machine learning models
- Develop set processes for data mining.
- Collaborate closely with teammates to ensure consistency and maximize use of data
- Bachelor's Degree or above in Computer Science, Engineering or related subjects.
- Proficiency with Python
- Experienced with SQL and NoSQL technologies
- Experienced with building web spiders with scrapy/puppeteer,
- Familiarity with commonly used anti-crawling methods
- Solid understanding of version control tools (e.g. git).
- Proficient in English
- Entrepreneurial minded, hands-on and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Fast learner and open minded to new technologies and methodologies
- Team oriented
What’s in it for you
- Great office location right in the center of Shanghai
- Working within an international team of over 65 people that truly values your contribution
- Growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
- An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
- Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of snacks, drinks, birthday treats, and social events
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups and drinks
- If this sounds like a match, we would love to hear from you!
- Salary will depend on the candidate’s level of tech skills and experience.