Senior Data Scientist
Dashmote is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. Currently we are working on bridging the gap between images and data, with the goal of bringing AI-based solutions to clients like Heineken, Unilever, Philips, L’Oreal, and Coca-Cola. We add value in areas such as Location Analysis, Trends Analysis, and Marketing Intelligence.
Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards derived from Visual Content Analysis.
We're currently in fast-growing stage, and our Data Science team is really starting to take shape. In total there's 6 of us in the Data Science team at the moment, and we're now looking for someone with great mentoring and leadership skills to join the team and really lift it to the next level, as well as join in on realizing the massive potential that our projects have. It's also important to still get your hands dirty with analysing big data sets, combining your technical input with A.I. sourced information and building visualizations to effectively communicate strategic data insights with customers.
Some of the typical responsibilities are:
- Working with external stakeholders to define the objective of the analysis
- Obtaining data from multiple disparate sources such as structured, semi-structured, and unstructured sources
- Using statistical analysis techniques to understand patterns in large volumes of data, identify relationships and data clusters, detect data anomalies, and classify data sets
- Presenting complex analysis results tailored to different stakeholders in a highly consumable and actionable form
- Develop machine learning algorithms (supervised and non-supervised algorithms) based on large databases (consumer profiling, clustering and such)
- Keep improving our process and workflow. We're in a growing stage and therefore very open to discover and use new technologies and explore how we can continuously improve our way of working.
- Guiding the data science team and leading the professionalisation of our process and tools.
Our (current) tech stack:
- GCP and AWS
- Serverless and Docker
- SQL and NoSQL
- Minimum 3 years experience in a technical role (development and data analysis)
- Ability to mentor and lead a team
- You possess an analytical and critical mind
- Ability to translate data analysis into strategic inputs for stakeholders
- A proven interest in trend prediction, optimization, and data visualization
- Knowledge of statistical analysis techniques and no fear of using Python, SQL and visualization tools
- Good understanding of data mining techniques and data preparation
- Database management skills
What's in it for you?
- Great office location right in the city centre of Amsterdam
- Working within an international team that truly values your contribution
- An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
- Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of snacks, drinks, birthday treats, and social events
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups and drinks