Dashmote is an AI technology scale-up headquartered in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. We connect the offline and online worlds by decoding the digital footprint of locations, allowing companies in the F&B industry to understand the on-trade market and make smarter and data-driven decisions.
Today, our company has offices in Amsterdam, Shanghai, Vienna, and New York. Over the past few years, our teams have solved a wide variety of cases, such as analyzing beer drinking and hairstyle trends by utilizing our Visual Recognition Tools, as well as identifying prospective leads by generating intelligence dashboards.
As our Software Engineer in the Amsterdam office, you’ll be part of our rockstar Product-team consisting of Designers, Data Scientists, Data Engineers and Data Analysts. You’ll support our data engineering team in building the productized Dashmote Platform to help our clients drive top line revenue. You will be focused on building scalable solutions that work in a variety of scenarios for our global clients.
The role is not about machine learning, it is about working closely with data scientists and translating their models into reliable software components or services and building a foundation for data science at scale. You bring your great Software Engineer practices to drive the standardization and growth of our product.
You will be building on epics like: building a microservice on top of a recommendation engine that helps clients to focus on high value prospects, develop a microservice on top of a restaurant menu machine learning classifier for food and drink items or help to build a robust library for our matching algorithm that combines foot traffic data with points of interests. For this role it is key that you have a solid understanding of building software solutions that are modular, reusable and easy to integrate.
- You will be contributing to the design and development of software components within an agreed timeframe and defined quality standard;
- Working to resolve issues, defects and queries raised at any phase of development or production;
- Conducting quality reviews of your own deliverables and deliverables from peers and junior members of the development community;
- Design new solutions such as microservices that work on top of our machine learning models;
- Help the data engineering team to build (implement new features/functionality) and maintain (make sure that what is there, keeps working) our data pipeline architecture;
- Help and advise our data scientist team members by assisting them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader;
- Help the data engineering team to implement Big Data tools to increase the efficiency of the product team.
- Be aware about the technological opportunities and threats that could affect our infrastructure.
- Experience working in software development, ideally with a backend focus and knowledge of Agile methodologies would be highly advantageous
- Your technical experience will ideally include some of the following programming languages; Python or other OOP languages, SQL/Postgres, Bash scripting
- Know-how in building a Service Oriented Architecture
- Some experience building REST APIs
- Preferably have some experience working with CI/CD (e.g. Jenkins)
- Entrepreneurial minded, hands-on and willing to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interest in data pipelines and Big Data, it would be great if you have experience with Hadoop, Apache Spark, Docker and/or AWS services
- Available for a minimum of 6 months
What’s in it for you
- Great office location right in the city centre of Amsterdam
- Working within an international team of over 65 people that truly values your contribution
- Growing company full of opportunities & awarded by Google, McKinsey and Rocket Internet for best B2B startup in Europe
- An awesome culture of responsibility and the freedom to turn your ambition into reality - regardless of your role and level
- Exciting work atmosphere with no shortage of snacks, drinks, birthday treats, and social events
- Monthly team events and weekly Friday company catch-ups and drinks
If this sounds like a match, we would love to hear from you!
Please note that to be considered for this role you will need to hold a valid NL Work Visa or NL Residency or NL Citizenship.